Welcome to the home of the Youth Regional Championships!
As USA Climbing continues to assess the evolving situations within each region, it is clear that numerous members have faced pandemic-related challenges impacting their ability to participate in a Virtual Bouldering Qualifying Event competition and thus rendering them ineligible for the upcoming Youth Bouldering Regional Championships based on the current rules. Therefore, USA Climbing is providing options that may allow competitors in such situations to still have an opportunity to register for Youth Bouldering Regionals.
With the cancellation of Youth Divisional Championships, Youth Regional Championships for Bouldering and Lead/Top Rope will be the qualification event for National Championships this year. Qualification for Youth National Championships in Bouldering and Lead / Top Rope will be achieved by finishing in the top four (4) at the respective Regional Championships in each discipline.
Youth Bouldering and Lead/TR Regional Championships will each take place over one weekend within a period of four (4) weekends, allowing each Region the flexibility to adjust their dates and approach based on what is most appropriate in their respective areas. The four (4) weekends are May 29-30, June 5-6, June 12-13, and June 19-20. USA Climbing will work with Regional Coordinators and host facilities to determine whether the Bouldering Regionals and the Lead/TR Regionals will take place on the same weekend or on separate weekends, with Bouldering Regionals being scheduled two or three weeks before Lead/TR Regionals but both within the above four (4) weekend period. Continue to check your respective Region’s USA Climbing webpage and Facebook group and stay tuned for additional communication coming from USA Climbing as the Youth Regionals dates and locations are finalized in the coming weeks.
Eligibility for Youth Regional Championships is as follows:
- Eligibility for the Youth Bouldering Regional Championships will adhere to USA Climbing Rulebook section 18.2, with consideration to the following exceptions.
- 1st registration round (May 3, 9:00 a.m. MT to May 5, 11:59 p.m. MT)
- Open to competitors ranked in the top 25 in their category and in their region at the conclusion of the Virtual Bouldering Qualifying Series. Updated Regional rankings can be found online at www.usaclimbing.org/results
- 2nd registration round (May 8, 9:00 a.m. MT to May 10, 11:59 p.m. MT)
- For categories that have fewer than 25 registered competitors after the 1st registration round, a 2nd registration round will open on a first-come, first-served basis for those competitors who competed in a Virtual Bouldering Qualifying Event and earned a Regional ranking but whose Regional ranking falls outside of the top 25 within their respective region/category
- 3rd registration round (May 13, 9:00 a.m. MT to May 15, 11:59 p.m. MT)
- For categories that have fewer than 25 registered competitors after the 2nd registration round, a 3rd registration round will open on a first-come, first-served basis for any competitor with an active Competitor Membership, regardless of when that membership has been purchased or upgraded from an Introductory membership.
- USA Climbing will evaluate the Regionals eligibility rules for Lead/TR pending the outcome of the Virtual Lead/TR Qualifying Season and USA Climbing’s assessment of Virtual Competition access.
More Information will be available soon. For questions, please contact email@example.com.