Safe Sport Policies
USA Climbing Athlete Safety and Safe Sport Policies
- Identifies seven primary types of misconduct and provides guidelines for travel and maintaining healthy boundaries
- Outlines reporting based on type of misconduct
- Defines the disciplinary procedures and response to allegations
USA Climbing Background Check Policy updated 3/2/21 (.pdf)
- Screening process for Covered Individuals (see document) may include successful completion of an application, interview, and/or reference check.
- Outlines disqualifying factors or potentially disqualifying factors for Covered Individuals
- Each Covered Individual has the affirmative duty to disclose any of the disqualifying or potentially disqualifying factors cited in this Policy.
US Center for SafeSport Policies and Procedures
SafeSport Code - Effective April 1, 2021
Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy "MAAPP" - Effective January 23, 2019
- The Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies were created and designed to set training requirements, and limit one-on-one interactions between adult members of national governing bodies or Paralympic sports organizations who have regular contact with minor athletes, as required by federal law.
Team Travel Policy