For instructions on creating your team roster, click here or review the steps below.
Creating a Team Account
- Log in to your Personal USA Climbing account
- Click on “Add Team” on the left of your dashboard
- Add a “Role”
- You will be asked “Is the Role for yourself?” Please select “Yes”
- Only a Level 2 coach is eligible to create a team
- Select yourself as the primary contact and continue through the form
- Once the information is complete, select “Add” team
Adding a membership to your Team account
- From within your Team profile, select “Memberships” on the left side of your dashboard
- Click "Add New Membership" in the top left corner of the dashboard
- Select your Region and continue to work through the form
- Once your team is in a “current” status, you need to add your athletes to your Team
Adding members to your Team- Prior to adding people to your team. You need to know your athletes current Membership, Member ID and Date of Birth.
- Select “Members” on the left side of your Team profile’s dashboard
- Select "List"
- Click on “Add new member” in the top right of your dashboard
- Add “An Existing Member”
- Important! Your athletes must have a USAC Competitor, Collegiate, or Paraclimbing membership in order to be added to a team.
- Select between “Add Manually” or “Upload CSV”
- If uploading the CSV, you will need to pre populate your athletes member ID and date of birth into the provided template
- Select your athletes “Membership Type” and enter in the member ID and date of birth
- When selecting “Access type” Select “Event only”
Adding members to your Roster- This step is crucial!!! If athletes are not added to a roster, they will not be associated with your team or the Team Championships.
Please use the instructions below or watch this helpful video here.
- Select the athlete and click on “Rosters”
- Click on “Add Roster”, complete the form, and add
Coach Membership and Certification
Beginning this season, all coaches affiliated with a USA Climbing sanctioned team must be SafeSport trained and have successfully completed a background screen. The Level 2 Coach Membership is the same as a Coach Membership was in previous seasons. The Level 1 Coach has been added as a way for teams to ensure all coach affiliates are SafeSport trained and have a successfully completed background screen without incurring the higher cost associated with the Level 2 Membership. As described below, USA Climbing Teams will be required to attest that all coaches on their staff have either a Level 1 or 2 Coach Membership, except for a coach who is a minor. Each Team Membership must have at least one Active Level 2 Coach Member.
We are also making an effort to reduce the rigidity of the certification deadline as a result of our new membership platform, Sport:80. A coach’s membership must be of the appropriate level and in an “active” not “pending” state prior to entry into isolation (Level 2) or being allowed on the competition floor (Level 1 or 2). A coach’s membership, Level 1 or Level 2, may only remain in “pending” status for up to 45 days, after which the delinquent coach membership will be removed from the individual’s account. This will give the coach latitude in becoming a coach closer in time to a competition and more importantly between championship competitions (i.e. Regionals to Divisionals to Nationals). While this approach will be to relax the certification deadline, it is worth noting that SafeSport training takes 90 minutes and a background screen can take up to 10 days to clear, both of which will be required to move a coach’s membership from “pending” to “active” status.
A coach must meet minimum requirements in order to be considered as a USA Climbing Certified Coach Member. Certification is subject to review and revocation is subject to USA Climbing’s Bylaws.
A USA Climbing Level 1 Certified Coach must:
- Obtained a USA Climbing Coach Membership
- A minimum of three (3) member competitors who they actively coach; or, if fewer than three (3) member competitors, submitted a letter documenting his/her coaching experience accompanied by references; and
- Authorized USA Climbing to conduct a criminal background check, responded promptly to requests from vendor for additional information, and successfully completed that background screening under USA Climbing’s SafeSport Screening and Background Check Policy; and
- Submitted SafeSport Training Certificate proving successful completion of the SafeSport online training program (Certificates are valid for one USA Climbing season).
See Section 3.2 of the USA Climbing Rulebook for more details.
In order to be considered for Level 2 USA Climbing Coach Certification, a coach must fulfill the above (Level 1) requirements and in addition, must provide documentation proving current First Aid and CPR certification through the season in which their certification is valid.
The ability to file an appeal on behalf of a competitor is limited to current USAC Level 1 or Level 2 certified member coaches.
The ability to enter isolation (ISO) is limited to current USAC Level 2 certified member coaches.
How to Complete SafeSport Training and Background Screen
1. Log in to Sport:80
Click Here to Login
2. On your member dashboard, click the "Center for SafeSport Training" or "Background Screening" on the left-hand side.
3. Click on the "Add Center for SafeSport Training" or "Add Background Screening.
4. Click on the "Add" button.
If accessing the SafeSport Training, click "Start Training." If accessing the Background Screen, proceed through the forms.
If you have previously completed SafeSport training or a Background Screen but your certification is not showing up, please contact email@example.com.
Important things to note:
The training MUST be accessed through your USAC account. This connects you to our database and ensures automatic reminder emails for expiration dates.
If you have completed it outside the USAC account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to check that it is the correct training and that you are showing up in the relevant database. If valid, your certification data will be added to your account.
How to Upload First Aid & CPR Certifications
1. Log in to Sport:80.
2. Click on "First Aid & CPR" on the left-hand side.
3. Click on "Add First Aid & CPR."
4. Proceed through the prompted steps. Important: If you are providing a single document that covers both First Aid & CPR certifications, you must go through the upload process for both First Aid and for CPR separately.
How to Create a Team Membership and Roster
1. Your team roster will also be created through your account in our membership platform. For instructions on this process, click here.
For questions, please contact email@example.com