General Membership Questions
How do I know which membership to register for?
When does registration open for the 2020/2021 season?
- Registration opened on September 1st
When does my membership expire?
- Memberships have moved to a rolling structure. Meaning they are good for 365 days from the date of purchase.
How do I change my email address?
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a submit a support ticket with your name and the new email address you would like as the primary on your account.
How do I set up or cancel my auto renewal?
- You can access your auto renewal by logging in to your USA climbing account. Click on the "Memberships" tab then click on where your membership shows "Current".
You will see the option to start or cancel your auto renewal at the bottom of the form.
How do I update my card information for auto renewal?
- You will need to cancel and re-set up the auto renewal with the updated card information. You can access your auto renewal by logging in to your USA climbing account. Click on the "Memberships" tab then click on where your membership shows "Current". You will see the option to start or cancel your auto renewal at the bottom of the form.
My membership still shows as current. How do I renew?
- Click on where your membership says "current" you will see the option to renew your 2020/2021 membership at the bottom of the form.
I have received a message saying that my Roster is "Action Required" "Team XXX Requires A Valid: Team Membership" What does this mean?
- The coach who created the team has a certification that has expired. Once the coach renews that, your team will go. back to a current status. No action is required on behalf of the member.
Competitor Membership Questions
What is the difference between the Introductory and Competitor Membership?
- While both memberships can be used to compete in the "Virtual" Qualifying Events, only scores will court towards Regionals for members that have the Competitor membership.
Can I upgrade my Introductory Membership?
- Yes, you can upgrade by logging in to your account, click on "Memberships" , "Add Membership" , add the Competitor membership and select the Competitor membership- add on to Introductory type where you will pay the difference of the price.
Coach Membership Questions
What is the difference between a Level 1 and 2 Coach membership?
- A level 2 Coach membership allows isolation access.
If I don't plan to enter isolation at a Sanctioned USA Climbing event, do I have to have a current coach membership?
- Yes, a Level 1 Coach membership is a minimum requirement to be on the competition floor at a USA Climbing sanctioned event.
Is there a deadline for making sure all coach membership requirements are complete?
- Yes. For Championship events or a National Competition all documentation and certifications must be submitted through a coach's USA Climbing profile 14 days prior to avoid any late fees. More details regarding late fees can be found in section 2.2.5 of the
As a Level 2 coach, how do I create a team and a roster?
- Detailed steps can be found here.
How do I remove athletes from my team and roster?
- This must be done by USA Climbing administration. Please email email@example.com with the information.
How do I upgrade by Level 1 coach membership to the Level 2?
- Upgrade by clicking on where your Level 1 coach membership says "Current", click on "Change Membership Type" where you can select the Level 2 membership and pay the difference of the fees.
If I had the Level 2 coach membership before but I only want the Level 1 this year, how do I register for that membership?
- The Level 1 membership type can be found by clicking on where your membership says “Current” “Renew” or “Lapsed” (whichever status it is in) where you will find “Change Membership Type” on the bottom of the form where you can renew the membership type of your choice.
My First Aid and CPR have expired. How do I upload my current certifications?
- Click on where your certification says "Lapsed" and work through the form. You will need to re-upload, change the expiration dates, and save.
Collegiate Competitor Questions
What is the difference between the Collegiate Intro membership and the Collegiate membership?
- The Collegiate Intro membership allows participation only at a local level. A member must upgrade to the Collegiate membership for the difference of the price to compete at a Championship level event.
Can I compete in Divisionals and or Nationals with a Collegiate Introductory Membership?
- No, you must upgrade to the full Collegiate membership prior to Divisionals.
My Core SafeSport training has expired. Do I have to renew the Core Training again?
- No, only the 15 minute annual refresher is required.
How do I access the Refresher course?
- The Refresher courses can be found by clicking on "Add Center for SafeSport Training" it will automatically reflect to a current status once complete.
I completed the SafeSport Training but it is showing as "Pending Approval". What do I do?
- Please click on where the course says "Resume" and click the X at the bottom of the page. This is the finalizing step to a current status.
Where do I upload my SafeSport Certificate?
- The system isn't designed for a member to upload a SafeSport Certificate. Everything is now completed through your USA Climbing account. If you completed your training outside your USA climbing account, please email your certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org
The USA Climbing access code isn't working. What do I do?
- The USA Climbing SafeSport access code is no longer in use. Please access the SafeSport training from within your USA Climbing account by clicking on the "Center for SafeSport Training" tab.