Welcome to the USA Climbing Youth Region 92 page!
USA Climbing Youth Region 92 is one of two Regions that constitute Youth Division 9, along with our neighboring Youth Region 91.
Youth Region 92 consists of Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, and Eastern Massachusetts.
The Region 92 Regional Coordinators are:
Mark Vasta, Shannon Lucia, Eugene Ma, Heather Teng, Matt Ornes
They can be reached at <email@example.com> for any questions.
All competitors who will be 18 years of age or older on August 31, 2021 MUST complete SafeSport training. Any such competitor who has not successfully completed the SafeSport training will have their membership in a "pending" status and will NOT be eligible to compete at any USAC events, including qualifier competitions.
SafeSport Training is initiated through the Sport80 membership system at https://usaclimbing.sport80.com and competitors are strongly encouraged to complete SafeSport training as soon as possible, as the training takes approximately 90 minutes to complete. Please contact Sharlee@usaclimbing.org if you have any questions.
A USA Climbing membership is valid for a period of one year from purchase. Please visit the USA Climbing Membership page.
USA Climbing has released a re-written Rulebook, with new rules, terminology, and structure -- significantly aligning the USA Climbing rules with those of the IFSC (International Federation of Sport Climbing). All competitors, coaches, routesetters, and spectators are recommended to become familiar with the new Rulebook, and reading the Introduction is highly recommended.
2020 Youth Virtual Bouldering Qualification Series
- The schedule is tentative until the event is confirmed between the Host Gym, Kaya, and USA Climbing. An event is NOT OFFICIAL UNTIL LISTED AS APPROVED on the spreadsheet below.
- Each gym has its own set rules for facility access regarding the pandemic and participation in the competition. Please familiarize yourself with the gyms policies prior to participation in an event.
Competitors should first check the host facility’s website to identify any local health department restrictions or other compliance requirements prior to their visit. Some areas or facilities may still have restrictions in place that require competitors and/or spectators to make reservations to climb at the host facility.
If required, competitors should make a reservation to climb at the host facility during the designated two-week competition period prior to registering for the event within the KAYA app. Reservations may also be required for spectators. Please call or go to the host facility website for reservation instructions and event instructions. Please contact the host facility with any questions regarding access for the competition.
- Competitors should keep a written record of their completed boulders and videos of those boulders in the event a technical issue arises with the KAYA app. The written record should include the event name as listed on the USA Climbing website, date and time of your climbing session, photo of each completed boulder and each completed boulder’s name, color and grade. Don’t forget to also capture videos of your completed boulders.
- Registration will take place through Kaya and USA Climbing, not through the gyms. Competitors MUST possess a current USA Climbing Intro or Competitor Membership in order to participate. In order to be ranked for regionals, a Competitor Membership is required.
- USA Climbing will be releasing a set of rules specific to the Virtual Qualifying Events, an FAQ Document, Instructions for Competitors using KAYA, and an updated rules video for bouldering.