Region 42 consists of Colorado north of I-70.
The RC's for Region 42 are Samantha Kosanovich, Michael Sprague, Kristi Pikiewicz, and Michael Yoon.
The Divisional Coordinator for Division 4 is Jessica Sato.
Please feel free to contact us with your questions or concerns at email@example.com.
Current News and Events
2020-2021 Youth Climbing Season
The Bouldering season is scheduled to start on November 2nd.
Qualifying Events (QE's), formerly known as Locals, will be virtual, held over the course of 2 weeks, running from Monday to Sunday of the following week. The news release above provides more information on the new virtual format.
USA Climbing has released the following guidance for the QE's this season:
- The schedule is tentative until each event is confirmed by the Host Gym, Kaya, and USA Climbing. An event is not official until it is listed as "Approved" in the table below.
- Each gym has its own set rules for facility access during the pandemic. Please familiarize yourself with the gym's policies prior to participation in an event.
- Competitors should first check the host facility’s website to identify any local health department restrictions or other compliance requirements prior to their visit. Some areas or facilities may still have restrictions in place that require competitors and/or spectators to make reservations to climb at the host facility.
- If required, competitors should make a reservation to climb at the host facility during the designated two-week competition period prior to registering for the event within the KAYA app. Reservations may also be required for spectators. Please call or go to the host facility website for reservation instructions and event instructions. Please contact the host facility with any questions regarding access for the competition.
- Competitors should keep a written record of their completed boulders and videos of those boulders, in the event that a technical issue arises with the KAYA app. The written record should include the event name as listed on the USA Climbing website, date and time of your climbing session, photo of each completed boulder and each completed boulder’s name, color and grade. Also, don’t forget to record videos of your completed boulders, and keep copies of your videos on your device. (In other words, don't upload them to Kaya and then delete them.)
Registration will take place through Kaya and USA Climbing, not through the gyms. Competitors must possess a current USA Climbing Introductory or Competitor Membership in order to participate. In order to be ranked for Regionals, a Competitor Membership is required.
- USA Climbing will be releasing a set of rules specific to the Virtual Qualifying Events, an FAQ Document, Instructions for Competitors using KAYA, and an updated rules video for bouldering.
Here is the tentative schedule of QE's for this fall:
USA Climbing Qualifying Event Series - Region 42
|Name of Gym
(Tentative, Approved, or Cancelled)
|Kaya Event Link
(To be provided upon Sanctioning)
||Will be posted on 11/1
|Longmont Climbing Collective
|Earth Treks Golden
Here are the age cut-offs for each category this season:
|| Youth D
|| Youth C
|| Youth B
|| Youth A
| Birth Year
|| 2010 or later
|| 2008 or 2009
|| 2006 or 2007
|| 2004 or 2005
|| 2002 or 2003