801-New England West
Welcome to the New England West Region page. Please join our Facebook group for updates, information on competitions.
2017-2018 Sport & Speed Youth Regional Championships
Registration - Open on Sunday April 1st, 2018 will continue until 11:59 PM MST on Monday, April 30, 2018. Click here for registration page.
Registration list (will be updated regularly): Click here.
Date - 5/12/2018, 1 Day Competition
Location: Rock Climb Fairfield, 85 Mill Plain Road, Fairfield, CT 06824
Waiver: Please fill out gym waiver online now.
Schedule: Morning: FYD, FYC, FYB, MYB; Afternoon: MYD, MYC, FYA, FJR, MYA, MJR
Format: Single-round onsight consisting of three routes with 5 minutes climbing time, 1 minute transition, 5 minutes rest. There will be a preview at the beginning of the session where climbers may look at the routes. This is not a route demonstration.
Sport & Speed Youth Regional Championships are open only to USA Climbing Competitor Members who:
- hold a current USA Climbing Competitor membership, AND
- have competed in a minimum of, and received credit for, two Local competitions as a USA Climbing Competitor Member or USA Climbing DAY-Member
- met all registration requirements and/or deadlines
- or have a Bye to the event
The two competition minimum participation requirement will be waived for competitors that wish to compete in SPEED ONLY.
**This is a summary of requirements. Please see the RULEBOOK for more details**
2017-2018 Sport & Speed Youth Divisional Championships
Date: 6/16-17/2018, 2 Days Competition
Location: CRG, 445 High Street, Randolph, MA
For more information about Divisionals, please refer to 802 New England East home page.
2017-2018 Sport & Speed schedule
3/3/2018 - RCF, Fairfield, CT - Results
3/10/2018 - Gravity Vault, Melville, NY - Results
3/17/2018 - BKB, Queensbridge, NY - Results
3/25/2018 - TRC, New Rochelle, NY - Results
4/7/2018 - Gravity Vault, Poughkeepsie, NY - Results
4/28/2018 - Rockspot, Lincoln, RI - Register
Regional Championship: 5/12/2018, RCF, Fairfield, CT
Divisional Championship: 6/16-17/2018, CRG, Randolph, MA
National Championship: 7/12-15/2018, Stone Summit, Kennesaw, GA
Please check schedule and results page for more information including registration links.
CHAMPIONSHIP EVENT INVITATIONS
The top ten (10) competitors in each gender/category will receive an invitation from Youth Regional Championships to Youth Divisional Championships.
The top six (6) competitors in each gender/category will receive an invitation from Youth Divisional Championships to Youth National Championships.
*Special cases, including National Champions, Continental Champions, World Champions and Foreign Nationals will add additional invitations to their respective categories
- Memberships are purchased and valid annually from September 1st to August 31st.
- Please include your USAC Membership number with any Local Registrations - numbers can no longer be looked up through the USA Climbing website as they have in years past.
- Non-USAC members may participate in Local events but MUST purchase a Day-membership.
- A Day-Member Pass CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED ONLINE as early as the Monday before the day of competition and no later than the end of the competition, in order to receive credit for the local event. It will be the only way for the competitor to appear on the scoring sheet. The Day-Member Pass rate is $10.00 and paid online.
- However, if a climber decides they would like to compete at the Regional Championships, they must purchase an annual membership prior to the close of Regionals registration for the respective discipline in order to have the Local events retroactively counted toward their 2-comp participation requirement. This is a significant change from last year. (Tuesday immediately following at 11:59pm MT rule). The fees paid for a Day-member pass cannot be applied to a full-season membership at any point throughout the season.
Please click here for rulebook.
801 REGIONAL COORDINATORS
Kevin Gallagher, Jayme Talbot, and Joan Zhao (email@example.com). Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions.