USA Climbing SafeSport Policies
SafeSport Policy - updated 8/27/18 (click)
- Identifies seven primary types of misconduct and provides guidelines for travel and maintaining healthy boundaries
- Outlines reporting based on type of misconduct
- Defines the disciplinary procedures and response to allegations
USA Climbing SafeSport Screening and Background Check Policy (click)
- Screening process for Covered Individuals (see document) may include successful completion of an application, interview, and/or reference check.
- Outlines disqualifying factors or potentially disqualifying factors for Covered Individuals
- Each Covered Individual has the affirmative duty to disclose any of the disqualifying or potentially disqualifying factors cited in this Policy.
Incident Report Form (click)
- Form that may be used to report violations of USA Climbing's SafeSport Policies or other inappropriate behavior
Resources for Parents
Parent's Guide to Misconduct in Sport (click)
- Designed for the parents of athletes of all ages, this course explains the issues of misconduct in sport and helps parents ensure their children have a positive and safe sport experience.
SafeSport Toolkits (click)
- Parents of PreSchool Children
- Parents of School-Age Children
- Parents of Middle School Youth
- Parents of High School Aged Adolescents