USA Climbing SafeSport Policies
SafeSport Policy - updated 3/20/19 (.pdf)
- Identifies seven primary types of misconduct and provides guidelines for travel and maintaining healthy boundaries
- Outlines reporting based on type of misconduct
- Defines the disciplinary procedures and response to allegations
USA Climbing SafeSport Screening and Background Check Policy (.pdf)
- Screening process for Covered Individuals (see document) may include successful completion of an application, interview, and/or reference check.
- Outlines disqualifying factors or potentially disqualifying factors for Covered Individuals
- Each Covered Individual has the affirmative duty to disclose any of the disqualifying or potentially disqualifying factors cited in this Policy.
Incident Report Form (.pdf)
- Form that may be used to report violations of USA Climbing's SafeSport Policies or other inappropriate behavior
US Center for SafeSport Policies and Procedures
SafeSport Code - Effective April 15, 2019
Minor Athlete Abuse Policy "MAAP" - Effective January 23, 2019
- The Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies were created and designed to set training requirements, and limit one-on-one interactions between adult members of national governing bodies or Paralympic sports organizations who have regular contact with minor athletes, as required by federal law.
MAAP Frequently Asked Questions
Resources for Parents
Parent's Guide to Misconduct in Sport (click)
- Designed for the parents of athletes of all ages, this course explains the issues of misconduct in sport and helps parents ensure their children have a positive and safe sport experience.
SafeSport Toolkits (click)
- Parents of PreSchool Children
- Parents of School-Age Children
- Parents of Middle School Youth
- Parents of High School Aged Adolescents