Online Training Certificate
New for 2018, the U.S. Center for SafeSport has updated the online training program which is now broken into 3 modules/activities. USA Climbing encourages all members and parents of members to take the SafeSport Training program and familiarize themselves with the USA Climbing SafeSport Policies and Procedures.
Click here to access the SafeSport onboarding link designated for members of USA Climbing. Select USA Climbing as the Organization and enter Access Code: LDV5-MAI9-19TY-S19D
USA Climbing SafeSport Policies
SafeSport Policy - updated 4/05/18 (click)
- Identifies seven primary types of misconduct and provides guidelines for travel and maintaining healthy boundaries
- Outlines reporting based on type of misconduct
- Defines the disciplinary procedures and response to allegations
USA Climbing SafeSport Screening and Background Check Policy (click)
- Screening process for Covered Individuals (see document) may include successful completion of an application, interview, and/or reference check.
- Outlines disqualifying factors or potentially disqualifying factors for Covered Individuals
- Each Covered Individual has the affirmative duty to disclose any of the disqualifying or potentially disqualifying factors cited in this Policy.
Incident Report Form (click)
- Form that may be used to report violations of USA Climbing's SafeSport Policies or other inappropriate behavior
Resources for Parents
Parent's Guide to Misconduct in Sport (click)
- Designed for the parents of athletes of all ages, this course explains the issues of misconduct in sport and helps parents ensure their children have a positive and safe sport experience.
SafeSport Toolkits (click)
- Parents of PreSchool Children
- Parents of School-Age Children
- Parents of Middle School Youth
- Parents of High School Aged Adolescents