USA Climbing has updated or replaced select rules within the USA Climbing Rulebook 2020-2021 v1.0 ("Rulebook"), in particular, those rules related to the Youth Qualification Series, the qualification procedures for National Team Trials, Youth Qualification Speed Trials, and Foreign National Region affiliation. This Rulebook Addendum is to be read in conjunction with the Rulebook and can be found below.
Click here to review Rulebook Addendum B.
To help better understand the Virtual Qualification Events we've put together a document of frequently asked questions related to the format of the series, video submissions, the KAYA application, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
USA Climbing's guiding principle is to ensure the well-being of athletes, which means providing safe and healthy opportunities to continue climbing. In November we announced changes to the Youth Series to support this effort. These changes include:
- The Bouldering Qualifying Series powered by KAYA is extended until January 31, 2021.
- Bouldering Regional Championships are postponed to take place no earlier than March 2021.
- Exact date is to be determined. More information related to Bouldering Regional Championships will be released at the end of January.
- Bouldering Divisional Championships are postponed to coincide with Lead/Top Rope Divisional Championships on May 28-30, 2021, or June 4-6, 2021.
- Lead/Top Rope Virtual Qualifying Series powered by KAYA begins January 4, 2021, and ends April 4, 2021.
- Youth Qualification Speed Trials begin on February 1, 2020.
- Lead/Top Rope Regional Championships remain scheduled for April 24, 2021.
- Lead/Top Rope Divisional Championship now coincide with Bouldering Divisional Championships May 28-30, 2021, or June 4-6, 2021.
We recognize these are significant changes and have provided the graphic below for your reference. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.