USA Climbing CEO Recruitment Announcement
The USAC CEO will, among other things, directly or by delegation:
- Oversee the USAC staff and the staff’s ethical and competent implementation of the Board's strategic direction;
- Present strategies to the Board for achieving USA Climbing's mission, goals and objectives;
- Be responsible for resource generation and allocation;
- Act as USA Climbing's spokesperson (with the President of the Board);
- Prepare and submit annual budgets to the Board and, to the extent feasible quadrennial budgets;
- Perform all functions as usually pertain to the office of CEO.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Senior leadership-level or director-level experience working inside an NGB during its transition from pre- Olympic sport to Olympic sport; OR minimum 10 years senior leadership experience with fast growing small businesses and/or non-profits with national/international reach (employee size 10- 25);
- Track record, including strong references, of articulation and long term support of a clear vision for the team, inspiring/motivating/incentivizing/bonding junior members in a culture of building for the future, constant learning, improving, and camaraderie.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Proven experience as CEO or in other managerial position;
- Experience in developing strategies and implementing vision;
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, public relations, budgeting and financial management;
- Knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices;
- Competition climbing industry knowledge;
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills;
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written communication and public speaking skills;
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to travel as needed;
- Availability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Please click here for a full description of the CEO position.
USA Climbing Commitment to Diversity
USA Climbing encourages all to participate. USAC staff, members of the Board, committees and task forces are selected without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or gender identity. USA Climbing is committed to providing equal opportunity to amateur athletes, coaches, trainers, managers, administrators, and officials to participate in climbing competitions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or gender identity, or national origin. Diversity at all levels of USA Climbing is desirable, including among the USAC staff, membership of the Board and Committees, and among its athletes. Open discussion and the presentation of a diversity of views is encouraged.
Expression of Interest
For individuals interested in this opportunity, please send an email expressing your interest along with your resume to:
Greg Padovani, Sr
Chairman, USA Climbing CEO Search Committee