To the USA Climbing community:
Because USA Climbing has been recognized by the US Olympic Committee (USOC) as the National Governing Body (NGB) for Sport Climbing, we have the opportunity to hold an election for an Athlete Representative to the USOC Athletes’ Advisory Council (USOC AAC).
The mission of the USOC AAC is to communicate the interests and protect the rights of athletes, in cooperative support of the USOC achieving its mission. Further detail on the USOC AAC can be found at www.teamusa.org/Athlete-Resources/Athletes-Advisory-Council.
There are stringent eligibility requirements for athletes in this election. To be eligible to vote in and to run in this election, USAC athletes must:
- Be a citizen or legal resident of the United States
- Reach the age of 18 by December 31, 2018
- Represented the United States as an Athlete in the Olympic Games or International Federation of Sport Climbing World Championships within the ten (10) year period prior to December 31, 2018
Per USOC AAC Bylaws, athletes may not be drawn from events that categorize entrants by age-restricted classifications commonly known as "Juniors", "Masters", "Seniors", "Veterans" or other similar age restricted competition.
This election will follow the required three-step USAC Athlete Election process:
- Invitation to Athletes (emailed to eligible athletes on Nov. 15, 2018)
- Expression of Interest by eligible athletes
- Election by voting of all USAC athletes eligible to vote
Voting in this election will begin December 3, 2018 and close December 16, 2018. The candidate with the highest vote total will be elected USOC AAC Representative, and the candidate with the next highest vote total who is of the opposite gender will be elected USOC AAC Alternate.
If any USA Climbing Athlete meets the eligibility requirements (above) and has NOT received an email invitation, please immediately contact email@example.com
We look forward to USAC athletes participating in this important election.
President, USAC Board of Directors