To USA Climbing Athletes:
I am pleased to report the results of the USA Climbing Athlete Director Election which concluded on Friday, August 31 2018, 5 pm MST.
This election was for USAC athletes to select two athletes who will serve on the USAC Board of Directors.
A total of nine USAC athletes were candidates for the two open Athlete Director positions. Athlete voters were asked to vote for a maximum of two candidates.
A total of 322 votes were cast with some athletes casting only one vote.
The tally of athlete voting is as follows:
- Kyra Condie with 54 votes – elected as a USAC Athlete Director
- Jesse Grupper with 51 votes – tie vote. See Runoff Election (below).
- Alex Puccio with 51 votes - tie vote. See Runoff Election (below).
Runners up: Receiving 43 or fewer votes:
Maureen Beck, Sierra Blair-Coyle, Claire Buhrfeind, Austin Geiman, Michaela Kiersch and Carlo Traversi.
Athlete Director Runoff Election – September 10 to September, 14, 2018
The tie vote for Jesse Grupper and Alex Puccio requires a runoff election to determine which athlete will be elected to the second open Athlete Director position.
You can review the letter of interest and questionnaire of each athlete below:
This runoff election will be conducted as follows:
- The same USAC Athletes who were eligible to vote in the original election will receive a new eballot asking them to vote for one (1) candidate – Jesse Grupper or Alex Puccio.
- As before, eballots will be emailed to the USAC athlete’s email address of record – including athletes who provided an updated email address.
- The Athlete Profiles for Jesse Grupper or Alex Puccio will be available as before.
- Athletes will be able to vote beginning MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2018.Voting will close on FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2018 at 5:00 pm MST.
Questions regarding this Runoff Election can be directed to: Greg Padovani, Sr, Chairman, USAC Nominating & Governance Committee, Greg@usaclimbing.org
President, USAC Board of Directors