> Home Page > Media > USA Climbing News > Important COVID-19 Update

Important COVID-19 Update

Important COVID-19 Update

In an effort to protect athlete health and well-being as well as the climbing and broader community as a whole, USA Climbing will not support events, in any respect, through the month of April. As a result, USA Climbing suspends all non-essential travel, events, and clinics for the remainder of March and April (see below). USA Climbing recommends that youth teams and gyms continue to work closely with their local health departments, follow the CDC for up to date recommendations, and make adjustments to training as necessary to limit the spread of the virus.

Youth Sport and Speed Local, Regional, and Divisional Championships

Youth Local Qualifying Season: Effective immediately USA Climbing has suspended the Youth Local Qualifying season in its entirety. USA Climbing will not sanction or support local events in any respect through the month of April.

Youth Regional and Divisional Championships: Regional and Divisional Championship events will remain as scheduled; however, USA Climbing continues to monitor the situation and may make additional actions, up to and including, cancelling the event as necessary. We will make final decisions in regard to the Championships no later than 2 weeks in advance of the Championships. USA Climbing is reviewing contingency plans should Regional Championship events need to be cancelled to allow for Divisional Championships to continue if possible.

Youth National Championships: No determination has been made on Youth Sport and Speed National Championships at this time.

Paraclimbing National Championships

Paraclimbing National Championships is postponed. We will seek to reschedule this event later in the season.

Collegiate Regional and National Championships

Collegiate Regional Championships are cancelled and will not be rescheduled. Qualification requirements to attend Collegiate National Championships will be modified, and Collegiate National Championships format will be adjusted as necessary.

Collegiate National Championships is likely to be postponed; however, a final determination will be made no later than March 27th.

Clinics and other USA Climbing functions

Routesetting and Judging Clinics scheduled for April are postponed. USA Climbing will work to reschedule these important clinics at a later date. National Team Training camps and training will continue as necessary; however increased precautions will be taken to ensure athlete safety and well- being.

Thank you for your support during this challenging time. If you have questions, please reach out to us via email at  info@usaclimbing.org.


Marc Norman Signature

Marc Norman
Chief Executive Officer

Current Center for Disease Control Recommendations

Founding Partner: