To USA Climbing Athletes:
USA Climbing is conducting a very important election for our athletes:
USA Climbing Athletes' Advisory Committee (USAC AAC) - Election of three (3) athletes to fill vacant positions on this seven athlete committee.
The USAC AAC is an advisory committee to the USAC Board of Directors that is operated in accordance with Article 11 of the USAC Bylaws. The purpose of the Committee is to assist the Board and USAC staff in making decisions that affect USA Climbing’s athletes.
This election will follow the required three-step Athlete Election process:
- Invitation to Athletes
- Expression of Interest by eligible athletes
- Election by voting of all USAC athletes eligible to vote
Ballots for this election will be emailed August 17, 2018 to USAC Athletes who are eligible to vote. Ballots for voting in this election will be emailed to the email address recorded in the athlete’s membership data. Balloting will close on August 30, 2018.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR ATHLETE CANDIDATES AND TO VOTE (PLEASE READ THESE CAREFULLY)
To be eligible to stand for and to vote in the election for the USA Climbing Athletes’ Advisory Committee, an athlete must meet the following requirements:
- A member of USA Climbing who is registered as an Athlete in any of the three athlete categories: Competitor, Collegiate or Adaptive. See USAC Bylaws Section 5.1(a). The membership must be held as of the Record Date of this election: June 30 2018. See USAC Bylaws Article 11.
- A citizen of the United States of America. See USAC Bylaws Section 11.2(b)
- Age 18 or older by December 31, 2018. See USAC Bylaws Section 11.2(b)
- Competed according to one of the following two requirements:
A) Within the ten (10) years preceding December 31, 2018, represented the United States as an Athlete in the Olympic Games, International Federation of Sport Climbing World Championships, International Federation of Sport Climbing PanAmerican Championships, or other major international competitions. Qualifying competitions would include: World Championships, World Cups, Continentals, Pan American Championships. See USAC Bylaws Section 11.2.
B) Within the twenty-four (24) months preceding December 31, 2018, has been actively engaged in USA Climbing sanctioned events. See USAC Bylaws Section 11.2.
INVITATION TO USAC ATHLETES
Any USA Climbing Athlete meeting the eligibility requirements for election (above) is invited to express their interest in becoming a candidate for the USAC Athletes' Advisory Committee.
To express your interest, please send the following:
- Letter of Interest (please include your FULL contact information)
- Athlete Candidate Questionnaire (click here)
Send letters and questionnaires by email or letter to:
Greg Padovani, Sr.
Chairman, Nominating and Governance Committee
4665 Nautilus Ct South
Suite 502 A
Boulder, CO 80301
DEADLINE: Your Letter of Interest and Athlete Candidate Questionnaire must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. MST on August 10, 2018.
Questions concerning these Athlete Elections, eligibility requirements and election process should be directed to Greg Padovani, Sr at firstname.lastname@example.org