Collegiate Regional Championships
Collegiate Regional Championship Registration
Click the button below to register for the 2018 USA Climbing: Collegiate Regional Championship:
Regional Host Locations & Dates
March 24, 2018:
NorCal - Diablo Rock Gym - Concord, CA
SoCal - Mesa Rim Mira Mesa - San Diego, CA
Northeast - The Gravity Vault - Upper Saddle River, NJ
Rocky Mountain - Ascent Studio - Fort Collins, CO
Utah - Ascent Studio - Fort Collins, CO
Florida - The Edge Rock Gym - Jacksonville, FL
Southeast - Active Climbing Gym - Grovetown, GA
Appalachian - The Crag - Nashville, TN
New England - Central Rock Gym - Randolph, MA
March 31, 2018:
Utah - Momentum Indoor Climbing - Salt Lake City, UT
Heartland - EPIC Climbing & Fitness - Indianapolis, IN
Texas - inSPIRE Rock Climbing Center - Spring, TX
The Capital Region and Pacific Northwest Region were unable to offer a Regional Championship this season. For information on advancement to Nationals. click here.
To be eligible to compete in Regionals, you must have:
1. A USA Climbing: Collegiate Membership (DAY-Memberships are not valid for Collegiate Regionals)
2. Have compete in at least one USA Climbing Sanctioned Collegiate Local (as a Collegiate Member or a DAY-Member)
3. Met all registration requirements and/or deadlines
4. Provide Proof of Enrollment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitting Proof of Enrollment
One requirement for the 2018 Collegiate Championship season is that Competitors MUST provide proof of enrollment in their College/ University by the close of registration for their respective Regional Championships. USA Climbing requests that each team Captain gather the appropriate documentation and submit the entire teams paperwork at once. If you are competing as an individual, you may submit your personal documentation just as a Team Captain will submit the entire teams documentation. Documents should be sent to: email@example.com and the Subject line should read: Collegiate Team Eligibility + Respective Team Name Proof of enrollment and should include at least one of the following for each Competitor:
- A form from the Office of the Registrar that includes: First & Last Name, Name of College, Dates of Attendance (Can be as early as Fall 2017 to present) We recommend you run a search for “Verification of Enrollment’ on your college’s website to find information about how to go about procuring such a form from your specific school.
- A letter from your Rec Sports Department including all competitors first and last name and verifying each competitor meets the eligibility requirements outlined in the USA Climbing Rulebook for Collegiate participation.
- A class schedule showing First & Last Name, Name of College and semester in which the schedule is for.
- Verification from the National Student Clearinghouse ($2.50 fee associated with each verification)
For those schools that are part of the National Student Clearinghouse, Team Captains or Competitors can go to: https://secure.studentclearinghouse.org/vs/Index, select Verify Current Enrollment (within the past 6 months), enter/select School Name, enter Students full name and date of birth, Submit, add payment information and obtain a certification for each competitor.
New 'Individual Discipline' Team Championship
At the Collegiate Regional and National Championships, Collegiate teams have the opportunity to earn an ‘Individual Discipline’ award in bouldering, sport and/or speed and an ‘Overall Discipline’ Award. The Individual discipline team championship award is calculated by adding the ranking points of the three highest ranked individual team members, per gender, participating in each discipline of the competition. Team members may be counted in more than one discipline meaning 6 unique competitors 3-men and 3-women per team, per discipline. The Overall Team Championship award is calculated by adding the ranking points of the three highest ranked individual team members participating in each discipline of the competition. However, for the overall, team members may not be counted in more than one discipline, meaning the calculation is based on the top 3 unique competitors of each team, for each discipline and gender totaling 9 unique women (3-bouldering, 3- sport, 3-speed) and 9 unique men (3-bouldering, 3-sport, 3-speed). Click here for additional information and examples.